The ULTIMATE Great Barrier Reef Experience
Sunset Safaris takes you on the most amazing Great Barrier Reef experience ever created. Enjoy the world’s most exotic wildlife experience as we take you to the world’s Largest Reef, to see the world’s largest Turtle research Centre, and to swim with one of the world’s Largest Animals - the mighty HUMPBACK WHALE.
Join us on the Great Barrier Reef where we will see migrating birds, turtles and coral, in a place that many would call “Nirvana.” Snorkeling, diving and deep-sea fishing is what this place is famous for, as we encounter colours and beauty unsurpassed anywhere in the world. You can even go for a swim with the turtles as they wait patiently at a cleaning station for the little fish to clean their bodies. The Southern Great Barrier Reef is known for its Stinger Free environment - allowing us to swim without worry all year.
VALUE FOR MONEY
Departing from Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast, Sunset Safaris offers the best value & most comprehensive Great Barrier Reef experience ever made. Enjoy a FULLY GUIDED tour, and take all the worries out of your Great Barrier Reef experience with our carefully planned itinerary & Tour Guides. Our package includes all accommodation, food and the Great Barrier Reef's most exciting itinerary, making this tour #1 for VALUE and FUN.
MON REPOS TURTLES
Live Turtle Encounter - November to March
Only Sunset Safaris offer the MON REPOS Live Turtle Encounter on the Great Barrier Reef. See nature at its wildest as migrating turtles crawl up the beach and lay eggs in the sand. From February, you will also see the baby hatchling turtles crawl out of the sand and make their way down to the beach. For many, this experience is one of the highlights in Australia and is guaranteed to leave lasting memories.
Off Season Turtle Centre - April to October
In the off season, Sunset Safaris offers an informative turtle experience at the Mon Repos Turtle Conservation Centre. Learn all about the life cycle of these magnificent creatures, and the conservation efforts that are being made for the protection of the endangered Loggerhead Turtle. This is an interactive display that is both educational and impressive.
Swim with the WHALES Experience- June to November
ONLY Sunset Safaris offers a SWIM WITH THE WHALES* option as part of your Great Barrier Reef Experience. Encounter the majestic grace of the singing Humpback Whales as they curiously investigate our snorkelers hanging onto a line at close range. Our boat is the ONLY Swim with the Whales vessel on the Great Barrier Reef, offering our guests the absolute pinnacle of Great Barrier Reef Tourism. (Swim with the Whales is optional & attracts a small extra fee).
For those not confident in going into the water with the whales, have no fear, as the WHALE WATCHING* from the boat is almost as spectacular.
(*during whale season only)
GREAT BARRIER REEF TOUR ITINERARY
- Reef ActivIties
- Media Gallery
- Other Activities
- Important Info
- Your Free Stuff
Our 3-Day Great Barrier Reef tours are designed for singles, couples, backpackers & groups. Sunset Safaris offers the most cost effective & value packed Great Barrier Reef tour in Australia including the opportunity to SWIM WITH THE WHALES (in season only).
FREE Animal Zoo entry to hand feed Kangaroos, cuddle a Koala, hold a Crocodile, watch Croc Feeding, hand feed Kangaroos, & see the world’s most venomous snake show.
FREE Access to Mon Repos - see turtles laying eggs at night on the beach, & baby turtles hatching (in season only). See Mon Repos Turtle Conservation Centre all year round.
Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy an Awesome road trip seeing beautiful Queensland scenery in our
- Comfortable coaches equipped with great entertainment systems.
- Visit an Aussie Zoo & Croc feeding show, cuddle a Koala & much more (see back page).
- Stop at Mamminos to taste Home Made Ice-cream & Farm Fresh Sugar Cane (in season).
- Check into resort & enjoy beautiful resort facilities with comfortable ECO Villas.
- Swim on spectacular beaches in the land of the turtles (swim between the flags).
- Enjoy our FREE Guided Snorkel School and Fish Feeding Tour on Day-1 (see back page).
- Visit MON REPOS to experience the amazing Turtle Conservation Centre (see page 2).
- Enjoy the biggest and most luxurious boat in the region for a full day on the Reef.
- FREE Whale Watching see the mighty Humpback Whale (whale season only).
- Optional SWIM WITH THE WHALES (see page 3 - small extra cost).
- Optional Scuba diving - best value on the reef (extra cost).
- Optional Reef fishing when available (extra cost & fishing gear provided).
- See Dolphins surfing on the bow of the boat.
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef (all quality equipment provided).
- Glass bottom boat viewing of the reef, fish, coral & turtles.
- Guided walk on Lady Musgrave Island - a true coral cay.
- Feed reef fish by the Thousands in crystal clear waters.
- Spectacular scenery of Lady Musgrave Island and Lagoon.
- Beachside resort accommodation & linen all included (see page 3).
- All meals provided while on tour, including a traditional Aussie BBQ.
- Fully guided with our professional Tour Guides (no worries mate).
- FREE TIME on day-3 to relax around the resort, or enjoy a host of
optional activities, including:
- optional Segway Tours
- optional Surfing Lessons
- optional Bundaberg Rum Factory Tour<
- optional tennis (at the resort - very cheap rates)
- or FREE swim at the beach or pool, beach walks, or sleep in...
- 5.45am Mantra On View Hotel, 22 View Ave, Surfers Paradise
- 7.15am Level 3, Bus Bay 26-30, Brisbane Transit Centre (also known as Roma Street Transit Centre), 151 Roma Street, Queensland 4000
- 8.30am Big Pineapple Nambour
- 9.10am Cooroy Train Station
- See the beautiful Queensland scenery in our comfortable coaches equipped with great entertainment systems.
- Visit a Local Zoo & Croc feeding show, cuddle a Koala & much more
- Check into Kelly’s Beach Resort & enjoy beautiful resort facilities with comfortable ECO Villas
- Swim on spectacular beaches in the land of the turtles (swim between the flags)
- Enjoy our FREE Guided Snorkel School and Fish Feeding Tour on Day-1
- Visit MON REPOS to experience the amazing Turtle Conservation Centre
- Depart and enjoy the biggest and most luxurious boat, Lady Musgrave Experience in the region for a full day on the Reef
- FREE Whale Watching see the mighty Humpback Whale (whale season only)
- Optional SWIM WITH THE WHALES (Whale season only, small extra cost)
- See Dolphins surfing on the bow of the boat
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef (all quality equipment provided)
- Glass bottom boat viewing of the reef, fish, coral & turtles, great for non-swimmers
- Guided walk on Lady Musgrave Island and see birdlife in the forest of Pisonia trees and turtles during nesting seasons (November to February) - a true coral cay
- Feed reef fish by the Thousands in crystal clear waters
- Spectacular scenery of Lady Musgrave Island and Lagoon
- Try Optional activities such as
- Optional Scuba diving - best value on the reef (extra cost)
- Optional Reef fishing when available (extra cost & fishing gear provided)
- FREE TIME on day-3 to relax around the resort, or enjoy a host of optional activities, including:
- optional Segway Tours
- optional Surfing Lessons
- optional Bundaberg Rum Factory Tour
- optional tennis (at the resort - very cheap rates)
- or FREE swim at the beach or pool, beach walks, or sleep in...
- Stop at Mamminos to taste Home Made Ice-cream & Farm Fresh Sugar Cane (in season)
- 4pm Cooroy Train Station
- 4.40pm Big pineapple
- 6.30pm Brisbane
- 7.30pm Gold Coast
- Fully guided tour
- Standard Multi-share ECO Villa Accommodation (4 – 6 Share)
- Return Bus Transfers
- FREE Guided Snorkel School and Fish Feeding
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Guided walk on Lady Musgrave Island
- Mon Repo Turtle Conservation Entry
- Whale Watching (During Season)
- Zoo entry
- Most meals provided while on tour, including a traditional Aussie BBQ
4 & 5 Share accommodation is included in the below prices as standard. For all Hotel and Motel Twin Share and 2-Bedroom Accommodation Upgrade prices, please refer to the “Accommodation Tab” and Upgrade Prices below.
|Twin Share OR Double Share MOTEL Upgrade||$150.00||Room has 1 x Double Bed & 2 Single beds $150 per person Twin/Double Share (minimum 2 people)|
|Single Share Motel Upgrade||$300.00||Room has 1 x Double Bed & 2 Single Beds $300 for single share room|
All tours include boat access & reef fee (AU$210) to be paid in cash to the driver upon departure. Students, YHA, and VIP card holders get a $10 discount on all tours. Small overnight bag only. Luggage restrictions apply. $20 surcharge applies to all tours operating on Public Holidays. A fuel levy may apply if fuel prices rise above $1.80 per litre.
TICKET PRICE DISCOUNTS:
Students / Backpacker Cards = $10 off
Child (13 years of age & under) = $20 off
POB (Pay On Board) Reef Tax & Boat Fees
Per Person = ADULT $210
Per Person = CHILD $120 (4 - 13 years)
POB to be paid in cash to driver upon departure
.$20 surcharge applies to all tours operating during Christmas/New Year & Easter Periods.
.A fuel levy may be applied if fuel rises above $1.80 per litre.
.Excess Luggage Restrictions Apply: Max Bag Size - 40cm wide x 30cm deep x 60 cm high.
.Secure Luggage Storage available: Gold Coast and Brisbane passengers only - $10 per bag per day.
VALUE FOR MONEY
Sunset Safaris has long been recognised as having the BEST value tours to Fraser Island by tour agents and customers alike. And now with our FREE Cooloola Tour and FREE HOTEL UPGRADE added to your adventure, Sunset Safaris offers far superior value for money compared to any other multi day tour to Fraser Island. Sunset Safaris offers you Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, LUXURY 4WD go anywhere vehicles, the most sought after locations on Fraser Island, the BEST tourGuides from Gold Coast and Brisbane, and all at Budget prices.
SWIM WITH THE WHALES (June to November)
Only Sunset Safaris offers a SWIM WITH THE WHALES encounter as part of your Great Barrier Reef Experience. See the Majestic Humpback Whales as they curiously investigate our snorkelers hanging onto a line at close range. This is an optional extra, and attracts a small fee.
Enjoy snorkeling on the world largest reef. See fish and coral seen nowhere else in the world. Snorkel the famous “Turtle Cleaning Station,” and enjoy watching Turtles being cleaned by small fish.
This is an optional extra and costs extra to participate. Enjoy the best scuba diving prices on the reef, with introductory dives available for the beginners, and outer wall dives for the licensed diver. A must do experience…
Coral Cay Walk
Get off the boat and on land to experience the wonders of a coral cay Island in the South Pacific. See this untouched Island on your guided walk, and learn about the wildlife and unique features of this coral Island.
Glass Bottom Boat
Take a ride with your experienced guides to see the underwater beauty without getting your face wet. See turtles, coral, fish and much more in comfort and style.
Enjoy the boiling water of fish within arm’s reach as we feed the reef fish. Thousands of fish of all colours, shapes and sizes eagerly join in the feeding frenzy on the pontoon –great for all ages.
Deep Sea Reef Fishing
Catch the BIG one. This is optional, and costs extra to participate. All fish caught can be taken back home and cooked at the resort. Just ask your friendly tour guide for assistance. (wind dependant).
Our resort accommodation is right beside Kellys Beach with swimming pools, restaurant, bar, & easy beach access for that moonlit walk. We offer comfortable accommodation to suit your budget & lifestyle with 4 - 6 bed Multi-share ECO Villa accommodation, including single beds in the loft, or Queen & single beds on the ground floor. Choose a Villa for yourself, or save money & share with others from the tour. All ECO Villas have lounge room, Bathroom, Toilet, air-conditioning & Balcony with outdoor setting. Enjoy the spacious gardens, lakes & entertainment areas in this beautiful ECO resort. Tennis, pool-table, air-hockey & other games also available.
All Villas are spacious & comfortable. We offer the choice of:
STANDARD MULTI-SHARE ECO Villa accommodation
- no extra cost. 4 - 6 share with other customers on the tour.
(4-share offered on 95% of occasions - except in busy times - up to 6 share).
Optional Twin/Double Share ECO Villa
- (private Villa for 2 people) - $150 per person
Optional Single Person ECO Villa
- (private Villa for single person only) - $300
Private Family ECO Villa (sleeps up to 8 people)
- (Minimum 6 people - no extra cost)
FREE Snorkel School & Fish Feeding
Enjoy our FREE Snorkel School & Fish Feeding in the shallow waters of Bundaberg. Perfect for beginners to learn before going out on the Reef the next day, & loads of fun for the experienced snorkeler.
LIVE TURTLE ENCOUNTER – November to March
Only Sunset Safaris offers the Mon Repos LIVE Turtle Encounter on the Great Barrier Reef. See wild turtles crawl up the beach at night to lay eggs and see baby turtles hatch and scurry down the beach. Between April & October, visit the Mon Repos Turtle Centre to learn all about the endangered Loggerhead Turtle and the Mon Repos conservation efforts.
These Activities take place on Days 1 and 3 (prices given on the day due to fluctuations)
- Enjoy swimming and body boarding on the beach (flagged areas only)
- Swim at the Resort Pool
- Enjoy beach and headland walk close to the Resort
- Just relax on the beach
- Body Surfing between the flags
FREE Australian Animal Zoo (includes Koala Experience) worth $30
Enjoy your Aussie Experience with our FREE Australian Animal Zoo on the way to the Town of 1770. Here you will see Croc Feeding, Snake Shows, touch a real live Crocodile, Touch a Koala, Hand Feed Kangaroos and MORE....
Learn To Surf Lessons:
Learn to Surf on one of the most northern Surf beaches in Queensland with professional surfing instructors. Enjoy one of the best value surf lessons in Australia... (extra cost)
Guided SEGWAY (Segue) Tours:
Enjoy a fully guided tour on an All-terrain Segue around the Bargara Coastline. This is a fun and scenic experience that is guaranteed to please (extra cost)
Bundaberg Rum Factory Tour:
See one of Australia’s most iconic factory tours, as you smell and taste the worlds greatest RUM. This is a must for Rum lovers.
DEEP SEA REEF FISHING:
Catch some of the world’s best eating fish & take home what you catch! Please note fishing is seasonal with restrictions, & not guaranteed.
The best value diving on the Great Barrier Reef with true professionals, and a guaranteed experience you will never forget. Both certified and beginner diving available at great prices.
All prices are subject to change without notice & at the discretion of Sunset Safaris. All information stated in this publication is true & correct at the time of publication. Due to traffic, & the extreme conditions experienced on the Great Barrier Reef & ocean, Sunset Safaris reserves the right to alter or cancel any section of the itinerary which may result from road, traffic, weather, mechanical , or any other condition or failure or delay of an operational nature without penalty, & such conditions will be considered a Force Majeure Event. Sunset Safaris will take all reasonable steps to rectify the situation of sunset safaris control. No responsibility or liability will be taken in the event of injury from pre-existing medical conditions (eg: bad back), accident, injury, loss or damage to persons or property due to persons own negligence. These booking conditions do not waive Sunset Safaris from any of its obligations according to law. Minimum booking numbers & customer cancellation fees apply
Your Tour payment is broken up into 2 components, your Sunset Safaris ticket price component, and your Boat Access & Reef Tax component ($210). Boat Access & Reef Tax component of $210 must be paid in CASH to driver upon departure, while the boarding pass can be purchased HERE on this web site.
CANCELLATION POLICY DUE TO STRONG WINDS
Occasionally strong winds will cause the cancellation of the boat that takes us to the Great Barrier Reef. Sunset Safaris will always endeavour to cancel or postpone the excursion to the Bargara before time of departure if winds are too strong.
However, due to the unpredictability of winds, we may arrive at Bargara, and be told by the boat company that the trip has been cancelled. In the uncommon event that this occurs, Sunset Safaris will refund the total sum of the purchase price of the Boat ticket and reef tax ($210) at the Bargara. A range of other activities such as snorkelling and diving in sheltered waters, sea kayaking, surfing, amphibious vehicle rides, and much more may be arranged by Sunset Safaris Staff at Bagara, and these optional activities are then payable by the customer.
||cancellation fee incurred
|Less than 24 hrs
||Incurs 100% cancellation fee
|25 hrs - 72 hrs
||Incurs 50% cancellation fee
|73hrs - 7 days
||Incurs 25% cancellation fee
|more than 7 days
||Incurs 5% cancellation fee (administrative fee)
YOUR FREE STUFF
On the way to Bagara, you will gain FREE ENTRY into a Botique Australian Animal Zoo, where you can Touch a Crocodile, See a Croc Feeding Show and Snake Show, Enjoy a Koala Experience, and hand feed Kangaroos (worth $30). Your FREE Sunset Tour of Bagara takes in the awesome sights of Busted Bay and the South Pacific. The town of Bagara is one of the only vantage points on the East Coast of Australia to see Sunsets over the ocean and mountains.
Experience breathtaking Sunsets while on your Great Barrier Reef tour and much more:
- Take a short walk around a rocky headland and enjoy the rugged scenery
- See wild Kangaroos and Wallabies
- See our FREE Sunset Tour page for more details
Australian Animal ZOO - FREE
Enjoy this incredible Australian experience as you get up close and personal with the animals that define Australia. Hand feed Kangaroos, see the world’s most venomous snakes, and see giant crocodiles do the DEATH ROLL. You can even cuddle a Koala and get your photo taken with your camera FREE.
FREE MON REPOS Turtle Encounter
Only Sunset Safaris offers the MON REPOS Live Turtle Encounter on the Great Barrier Reef. See nature at its wildest as migrating turtles crawl up the beach and lay eggs in the sand. From February, you will also see the baby hatchling turtles crawl out of the sand and make their way down to the beach. For many, this experience is one of the highlights in Australia and is guaranteed to leave lasting memories.